Deploy your own private mobile network with OpenBTS, the open source software project that converts between the GSM and UMTS wireless radio interface and open IP protocols. With this hands-on, step-by-step guide, you’ll learn how to use OpenBTS to construct simple, flexible, and inexpensive mobile networks with software.
OpenBTS can distribute any internet connection as a mobile network across a large geographic region, and provide connectivity to remote devices in the Internet of Things. Ideal for telecom and software engineers new to this technology, this book helps you build a basic OpenBTS network with voice and SMS services and data capabilities. From there, you can create your own niche product or experimental feature.
- Select hardware, and set up a base operating system for your project
- Configure, troubleshoot, and use performance-tuning techniques
- Expand to a true multinode mobile network complete with Mobility and Handover
- Add general packet radio service (GPRS) data connectivity, ideal for IoT devices
- Build applications on top of the OpenBTS NodeManager control and event APIs